Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Only my child !!

I had to write tonight because Cathryn did the funniest thing !!! Lately we have been having problems following direction and listening. I sometimes feel like she totally ignores me and I have thought many times"What am I doing wrong." Yes she is only three, but everyone knows that 3 is the new terrible 2's.
Well, tonight after asking MANY times for Cathryn to keep her little hoodie on, Shannon finally said," If you take it off again you are getting a spanking!"
Several minutes later Cathryn disappeared and then ran passed us, with NO Hoodie on... Shannon said, " OK you are getting a spanking." And Cathryn started saying No ! Daddy Please. He gave her a choice, Time out or a spanking. To our disbelief and utter shock Cathryn chose a spanking....
The highlight is right before Shannon put her over his knee, Cathryn looked up and said," Be very careful Daddy, very careful."
We about died and didn't know what to do. Shannon popped her three times and at the end Cathryn replied, "Good job Dad, Good job."
What is a parent to do? Like mother, like daughter. I think I am in for a long road ahead......
Cathryn's bible verse for Awanas is "Teach me, thy way, O Lord." Her version is "Teach me, my way, O baby." She is trying :o)

No comments: