Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sibling Love and Affection

Over the past three years I have watched Cathryn and Davis interact with each other. I always wonder about their relationship and how Cathryn will respond to her special needs brother. As Cathryn gets older she tries to help... getting Davis' toothbrush and singing to him while I brush his teeth , helping with diapers and getting wipes, wanting to feed him or give him something to drink etc... , but they have never really played together. Until today !! I had Davis on the bed and Cathryn began to wrestle with him. My first response was to say be careful and stop, but I held back. Davis laughed and came right back at her. For a good 20 mins. they rolled, laughed and played. I was amazed at how Cathryn interacted with Davis and wanted him to be aggressive with her. I waited for the Drama to begin and Cathryn to cry, " Davis kicked me or pushed me," but it never happened. I watched in amazement at how both of them enjoyed being with each other and how sibling love/affection was evident !! What a blessing :o)

No comments: