Saturday, October 18, 2008

"It only took an Egg Timer"


Recently, Cathryn REGRESSED with her potty. This summer was a breeze. Cathryn was ready and willing to potty on her own. We made a big deal out of Big Girl panties, read stories and gave reward stickers. All was Wonderful !! Until she went back to her 2 day preschool in Aug. It was as if the potty didn't exist and she wanted nothing to do with it. We were back to negative 10 and I was beside myself. Forward to today... I decided to use the good old egg timer. We devoted several days to "Potty training #2". I dreaded this process mainly because I knew we had to be confined to the house (which I rarely am) and live by the timer. Every 30 min. it would buzz and Cathryn would run to the potty. Needless to say we are going strong and I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Potty training is a new process for me. I sometimes wonder if Davis being in diapers has anything to do with this relapse. Cathryn sees her brother in diapers and doesn't understand why she can't be. I try to explain as best as I can about Davis and why he can't walk, talk, go potty etc... Cathryn just says Ohh, kisses Davis and turns her attention to something else. The sweet innocence if a child. But, for now Praise the Lord for the egg timer !!!

1 comment:

Kim Overstreet said...

So glad you found that egg timer! I felt your pain!